This striking complex of buildings has stood in the heart of the old town of Weißenfels for over 700 years.
After the Reformation, when its use as an active convent of the Poor Clares came to an end, it served amongst other things as the “gymnasium illustre augusteum” from 1664, the royal teacher training seminary from 1837, the town’s first museum, the town library, and for many decades it was the central police station for the district and the town of Weißenfels.
In the west wing, the chapter house, scriptorium and refectory dating from the last rebuilding of the convent around 1500 are still preserved in very good condition.
Some parts of the convent have successfully been made accessible to the public again; events are organised here and suggestions for the convent’s future use have been prepared.
Thursdays from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (May to October)
phone: +49 (0)3443-4222073 or +49 (0) 152-27156887